SINS™

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Auto Shut down

Zeomak
    Zeomak
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

Auto Shut down Empty Auto Shut down

Post by Zeomak 2010-10-14, 2:09 pm

Well this didnt really fit into the SINS help& Guides or in any of the sections especially made for the games, but its still usefull. (Atleast I think so).

Many of you may have encountered the same problem I had. You start your bot(s) and go to sleep/ to work/ or go see your friends (Cause I suppose most botters have a life xD) and when u come back your bot(s) is (are) dead cause the equipment is totally broken.

For farmbots (Used 2 farm Precious Items or Crafting materials) that is ok, but for lvl bots (which u want to lvl for a purpose) this just is a knockback cause u loose XP.

Well I found a solution for that.

1. Download this Shortcut http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HKT4LLOY
    (Yes it is only a shortcut to a windows file and a few options added)
    2. Edit it so it fits your windows directory. (For me my Windows folder is named WINXP. If yours is called "windows" or "Vista" or somethin else just replace the "WINXP" in the shortcut with that.)
    3. Test how long your bots weapons and armor and hold out before they break.
    4. Edit the shortcut once again and replace the number on the end (For me its 21800 atm which resembles 6h) with the time u find reasonable.

IMPORTANT: To set the time : 3600 = 1 hour
    So if you want 2 bot 3 h that would be 10800. Be sure to set the right millisecond number cause otherwise u could end up setting the shutdown for only like 4 minutes.

5. A window will pop up telling u that the System will be shut down. (A timer will be displayed. in Windows XP. In Windows Vista and Windows 7 there will be just a small note in the systray that a process was started that will shutdown the system)

Now you might ask: Why should I go through all the trouble of calculating the time, when there are programs like "AutoShutDown" (which is good but has disadvantages)

Well the answer is pretty simple: The "C:\WINXP\system32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 21600" states that the System will be shut down in 6h and ALL programs and processes will be forced to shut down aswell. Which means: With Shutdown Programs it can happen that( for example) your downloadmanager (which u kept running while botting) refuses to close and so an error message will be displayed waiting for your confimation. While thats the case the Shutdown programs I mentioned just wait and see, so the PC is not shut down and all other programs like ur bot(s) keep running.

Ok I hope this was atleast a little helpful to you guys. It sure is to me ^^
    Kagebunshin
    Kagebunshin
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Auto Shut down Empty Re: Auto Shut down

Post by Kagebunshin 2010-10-14, 6:27 pm

I use the program "Vista-ShutdownTimer".
    It works perfekt for me
    Tse.Phạm
    Tse.Phạm
    Liệt Sơn Moderator
    Liệt Sơn Moderator

Post by Tse.Phạm 2010-10-14, 7:17 pm

If you use Windows 7
    Please take full advantage of the gadget support, it's really good

Auto Shut down LARGE
    Link download of Gallery.live
    Zeomak
    Zeomak
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

Post by Zeomak 2010-10-16, 2:01 am

p16 Wow you brought quite the solutions here. Well I can`t tell if these gadgets would work 4 me cause I have win xp. But I encountered problems with Auto Shutdown programs on Win XP which is y I thought that others might have the same issue and so I posted my solution ^^
    uzumymw
    uzumymw
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

Post by uzumymw 2010-10-16, 11:19 pm

Me i use Goodnight Timer

Steps.

1. Make Action Return to town & stop (in game time ex. 12)

2. Count how many hours in real time then set it in Goodnight timer.

3. See to it that your character will go back to town & stop before your PC shut down.

-Your PC will also rest while you rest
    -your bot will not loose exp
    -The bot actually meditating while he is in idle nice eh!

The program supports XP users only i dont know if theres any update.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 11:26 pm