SINS™

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :)

Ecko
    Ecko
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :) Empty YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :)

Post by Ecko 2011-07-14, 8:26 am

My CPU Processor called Phemon X2 560 Black Edition.

After messing in BIOS lots of times. I finally manage to unlock it to 4 core without getting crashed :). Now I got Quad Core :).

I Build my computer for only under 200$.. That cheap for getting Quad Core processor.

My Dual Processor Phemon X2 560 BE, is even faster than my old Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400 and my dad CPU Quad Processor Q9300.

I bought the Quad Processor Q8400 PC from dell cost 700$ back in 2008.
    My dad brought his computer the HP Pavilion Elite e9160f from 2009 for 1000$.

Just couple months ago I build my own computer for under 200$. It was good speed 3.3Ghz Dual Core Phemon X2 560 BE for only 99$, It came with free motherboard from microcenter. CPU Case + Power Supply also come in bundle for only 49$. I also bought a 4GB DDR3 Ram for under 50$.

I hook all it up and then there a lot of settings in BIOS. I google them LOL, then found out you can get quad core from it. I tried following the guide all over the google, but no luck. So today I was bored I mess around with Bios. Bam I was able to unlock it without crashing or hanging in windows loading ^_^

Now it change the name To Phenom II X4 B60 Processor after unlocking my Phenom II X2 560 BE.
    YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :) 54vert

YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :) 3478c50

I gave up unlocking it back then, cuz some X2 Black Edition are not unlockable. Hahaha I was really really bored when im messing with bios, I wasnt even reading at it, I just keep changing all settings. NOW IM NOT BORED ANYMORE :)>

When your really really bored! Some magick Sh!t do happen :).

uzumymw
    uzumymw
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :) Empty Re: YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :)

Post by uzumymw 2011-07-15, 2:09 am

hmmmmm got confused in processor thing

What is your processor? dual core or quad core?

Your motherboard is compatible for quad & dual is that right?

And if your processor is dual core you manage to over clock it to be quad core is that what your saying hahaha got confused really..

Building own PC is cheaper than buying branded ones, but as i see from branded ones the performance is better coz most of the parts are compatible to each other.

fouryearstrong
    fouryearstrong
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :) Empty Re: YES! I manage to Unlock my Dual Core :)

Post by fouryearstrong 2011-07-15, 2:41 am

uzumymw wrote:hmmmmm got confused in processor thing

What is your processor? dual core or quad core?

Your motherboard is compatible for quad & dual is that right?

And if your processor is dual core you manage to over clock it to be quad core is that what your saying hahaha got confused really..

Building own PC is cheaper than buying branded ones, but as i see from branded ones the performance is better coz most of the parts are compatible to each other.

his processor is dual core.. but it has 2 dormant cores in it. he managed to activate those 2 dormant cores so now he's a quad core user snickering

wish intel have those kind of processors with dormant cores. haha!
    uzumymw
    uzumymw
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

Post by uzumymw 2011-07-15, 11:18 am

Nice did not now that you can do that for a processor.

feeling hot

so activating that 2 dormant cores needs heavy duty cooling fans for the processor i wonder how much ecko bought

fouryearstrong
    fouryearstrong
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

Post by fouryearstrong 2011-07-16, 2:24 am

uzumymw wrote:Nice did not now that you can do that for a processor.

feeling hot

so activating that 2 dormant cores needs heavy duty cooling fans for the processor i wonder how much ecko bought

lol not literally heavy duty. you just need the right fan for a quad processor. usually ppl go for after-market cpu fans to cool their quads. dunno about ecko's fan though.
    Ecko
    Ecko
    Elite Sinner
    Elite Sinner

Post by Ecko 2011-07-19, 5:50 am

My CPU fan come with the CPU processor when i bought it. Retail fan I guess..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 8:13 am